Hey there! Today I want to share an insanely easy recipe that is very popular in our household! It is described as a one-pan dish, but we didn’t cook it that way.
We’ve been loving this easy beef goulash recipe. It’s so good. It also makes good leftovers so we can take them to work. Out of all of the recipes that we have tried, and I have posted, this one is definitely our favorite and has been made the most! This one is definitely a hit for us and I’m so excited to share it with you!
It is such an easy recipe to make. Looking at the ingredients, it may look like a lot, but it really isn’t. Put it this way, it’s so easy even I can make it, and I’m no chef.
For this recipe, first, you cook the onions and garlic, then throw the beef in. Now, according to the recipe we used for this, you are supposed to cook it in the same skillet. We don’t have a big enough skillet for one-pan dishes right now. So, we cooked the beef in the skillet and then transferred it into a big pot. The dish tasted just fine being cooked this way. However, if you do have a big enough skillet, you probably should cook it as a one-pan dish. That is the whole appeal of the dish.
Related // Easy Tamale Pie
Easy Beef Goulash
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- kosher salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about6 minutes. Drain fat and return to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste and stir to coat, then pour in broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Season with Italian seasoning and paprika, and stir in macaroni. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and remove from heat.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you do try this recipe, let me know in the comments! I’d love to know if you love it too.
Like this recipe? Share so others can too!