Hey there! Today I want to share an awesome and simple sugar cookie recipe for the holidays. Soft, warm sugar cookies are the best sweet treat during the holidays. Eat them with a nice glass of milk, or some vanilla ice cream, and you have a great dessert!
I love sugar cookies and am always on the hunt for a great, but simple, recipe! Sugar cookies that stay soft are the best kind of sugar cookies and are perfect to soothe that sweet tooth. This recipe is easy to follow and is pretty quick. With eight ingredients, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
I love getting to use my hand mixer. Since it’s the holidays, I wanted to bake some cookies while he was at work. Even though I don’t bake often, I do enjoy doing it. Thankfully, I had most of the ingredients at home already, since this was a spur of the moment kind of idea. I’m definitely glad I did it though, I love the smell of baking cookies!
I didn’t think that I would get about 30 cookies from this dough, but when you roll them in teaspoonfuls, then you will end up with a good amount of cookies. I ended up getting about 11 cookies per cookie sheet. You can easily scale this recipe if you need to make more cookies for a bigger holiday party. Or, if you’re making them for yourself, then this recipe amount should be perfect for you.
Do you enjoy soft sugar cookies? What is your favorite holiday sweet treat? Let me know in the comments below!
Print this recipe below!
Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Butter softened
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets and 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Baked 8 to 10 or until lightly browned
- Let stand two minutes before removing on to cookie racks
Pin this post for later!